It has been raining awards for me...
featured my profile as a Notable Newbie
on their homepage!!! Cool!!! Check it out :)
Also some of the kind blogger friends have shared Liebster blog award with me. Thanks a lot guys...
Means a lot :)
So 1st it was Priti from Kitchen Delicalies
who shared her award - She has some nice baking recipes, check them out...
from What's Cooking very kindly shared her award too - She has some lovely and authentic recipes on her blog and she not only blogs about food but also about crafting. Hop over :)
Then came lovely Nilu's (from Kitchen Serenity
) Award!! The very enthusiastic and affable Nilu has some great healthy and tasty recipes up her sleeve...And she always shares interesting things about the food that she cooks, i love her for that. Check out her lovely blog...
And then Sonali from Suger at el.
very sweetly shared her award too :) - She writes so well!! And cooks so well!! and Clicks so well!! How i wish i was her neighbour :) - Hop over to her place to gawk at lovely desserts that she has whipped up and to read mushy tales about her twins and her sis!!!
So let's start with my (looooong) award story!!
11 Facts about me:
Rules of the Award:-
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 interview questions you've been given by the person who nominated you.
3. Fabricate 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
5. Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you've nominated.
I did 7 facts about me in another Award story so i'll cheat and do 4 more facts about me here...For other 7 facts you can check out my blog
. So will start from 8 ;)
8) I talk a lot ( probably you have already guessed it ;) )
9) I have stayed at Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Noida for the major part of my life...
10) My hubby says that i can eat anything as long as it's Veg. (Which is not true though)
11) I never cooked my favorite foods till i was at my mom's place, out of fear of spoiling it...And how could i do that my favorite foods ;) ?!?!
Now for the questions...
1) What’s the best thing you ever ate?
Mom-made food :)
2) What is your favorite place for holidaying?
Goa (Actually whatever place i visit last becomes my favorite holiday destination ;), so as of now, it's Goa )
3) Do you watch TV shows? If so, which is your favorite?
I don't watch TV shows. We haven't taken cable connection for the fear of Zini (& me too) getting addicted to TV. Though we catch up Roadies on internet...
4)What beauty product you cannot live without?
My beauty sleep ;)
5) What you always aspired to be? Are your aspirations met?
I was (am) a confused soul. I was not sure what i wanted to become in long run, but i always had short term goals and i think i met them :)
6) How do you spend your free time?
FREE TIME?!?!? What's that?
7) What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
It's difficult to choose!! It's like choosing a favorite among your kids...I can't do it...
9) What’s your favorite thing to have for dessert?
Ahmedabad - From dressed to untensils to bedsheets- i prefer buying everything from there...
11) Sports or academics, your pick?
1.How would you describe yourself in a few words ?
Friendly, loyal, ready to learn new things, Adventurer...
2.Your favorite celebrity cook ?
Well i think i'll go with Tarla Dalal (i don't watch TV so no new Chefs i am aware of) because of her healthy recipes...
3.One kitchen gadget you'd wish for if you have a magic wand ,with just one wish:) ?
In old days, i would have wished for a machine that can take raw ingredients and dish out piping hot food...But now i can settle for a bread machine :)
4.What makes you very happy?
A lot of things!! I recently did a post on what made me happy
- check it out...
5.Which is your favorite restaurant dish,like the first thing you would order for?
Reading and Adventure Sports...
7.Cook books that you like?
Baby and toddler cook book by Tarla Dalal and Punjabi food cook book by Nita Mehta.
8.One fond memory that you cherish, with relation to cooking ?
A lot of them and i am recording all of them in my blog :)
9.Your favourite author or movie star ?
My fav author is any day PG Wodehouse - love him...
10.Of all the places that you've visited,which is your favorite ?
Currently it is Goa.. Coz that's the last place i visited...
11.One thing from your childhood that you miss doing now ?
Not worrying about running or cleaning the house ;)
1. What are the best five words that would describe you?
Friendly, loyal, ready to learn new things, Adventurer
2. Which chef/cook has inspired your cooking the most?
3. What’s the first item on your wish list?
I just saw pics of scooba diving on Hitchy's blog and that is high on my wish list now :) Oh wait, i also want a DSLR. I think both the things are competing neck to neck for the 1st place ;)
4. If you hadn't started blogging, what would you be doing?
Going Mad ;)
5. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Wow...My mind is boggling at the possibilities. My processor is hung, will come back after some time!! Well i think, i'll take some super mind power so that my processor never hangs ;)
6. What’s your favourite song?
Currently it is I Love you from Barney and friends
7. What does Blogging mean to you?
Learning, sharing and making friends (also at times ranting ;) )
8. What is your phobia?
9. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
I once tried to make noodle out of Sarevada and in the process burnt the pateela, tried to pass it off as noodle to my brother who refused and i had to eat it..Yes i think that's the most weird thing i had...To my defence i was in 8th standard then and was taking advantage of mom's absence by trying to experiment in the kitchen...
10. What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
Again i can't pick one book...There were so many favorites - Mansen Sahsi, Miya Fuski, Akbar-Birbal, Enid Blyton books...
11. One thing you like to change about yourself?
1) What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
Learning, sharing and making friends
2) Sweet or Savory?
3) Your favourite kitchen tool?
My Food Processor cum mixey cum juicer - I am in Love with it...
4) Your most prized possesion?
5) Your biggest 'purchase' regret?
6) Your favourite memory?
Going to my Grandma's and getting pampered silly :)
7) If you were told that you could live for one more day only, what would you like to do?
Employ someone to keep moving clock backwards ;)
8) Your dream holiday spot?
New Zealand with all the adventure sports thrown in!!!
9) If you were a season, which one best describes you?
Oh, like seasons i keep changing...At times i am chirpy like spring and then grumpy like winters or red hot (with anger ;) ) like summers and even in crying mode like monsoon!!! But i try to remain like Spring :)
10) Something you carry with you all the time?
11) Your ideal 3 course menu?
Dhokla or Khaman + Roti, bhindi, khatu, kadhi, rice + Keri no Ras....Is it 3 course?!?! I don't care..But i love this combo :)
I am passing on this award to
- She is an all rounder!!! She runs this amazing photography event called Colour me..Check out her blog for authentic Kerala style recipes and some really innovative and tasty dishes!!!
- She is this lovely girl spreading happiness around :) She did the post on her mom's recipe of authentic Sambar recently, check it out..
- Her blog is full of healthy and interesting recipes!!
- She is one pro cook and whips out some amazingly mouthwatering dishes!!!
- Mom of 2 lovely daughters, she writes so expertly about parenthood and other topics..She is also learning new languages!!! Also check out her articles on Parantous.com, i look forward to reading her posts...
- Enthusiastic, Intelligent, Affable, Quick learner, girl with never say die attitude!!! And she has such a witty style of writing, you have to read her blog!!
- As i said earlier also, a very talented, a very caring girl who loves her family and makes them happy...
- Talking to her recently has increased my fondness for her...Am i allowed to call you super woman ;) ?!
- One more Super woman, who handles home, office, cooking and Cheebu (and her studies) and clicks some amazing pictures :)
- She does some amazing tavel tales and writes such lovely letters to her lovely daughter Chucky!!!
- I recently started reading her but i love reading her..She speaks her mind and i agree to her on most of the topics she talks about...
- Though she recently started blogging, but she comes across as such a pro!! I enjoy reading her blog for her wit and the interesting posts she comes up with!!! Also check out her glowingly successful baking experiments...
- She does lovely posts about her daughter Saanvi (also i hang onto her posts for answers to some difficult questions that Zini might ask me in future :) )
- She does thoughtful and thought provoking posts without preaching...Reading her post guarantee either of 2 things, either you will have smile on your face, or you will find your eyes leaking...Yes, she invokes intense emotions in you!!
- She manages so many roles with an ease - a daughter, a wife, a mom and a full time office goer!!! She shares heartwarming stories about her daughter Adi, and was recently blessed with a little bundle of joy -LHB!!
- She shares amazing stories of her travels, the food that they enjoy, her love for her family and book/movie reviews...She has recently taken up an origami project!!
- She has this nice blog, where she cooks up a storm...
And the questions from me to you are :
1) What do you cook when suddenly some guests appear at your doorstep?!
2) How do you like to celebrate your b'day?
3) Your favorite book?
4) What are the qualities that you admire the most in people?
5) How did you meet your spouse?
6) Do you plan for future? if yes, then what do you see yourself doing in after 20 years?
7) What do you like the most about yourself?
8) What do you like the most about your spouse?
9) Would you like to change something about your life? If yes, then what's it?
10) Do you easily get angry or are you one of those saints? What's your trick to keeping calm mind?
11) What is your favorite comfort food?