With mercury dropping day by day, the frequency at which I make tomato soup is increasing. I love it when the soup is bubbling, I get all warm with anticipation!! And some home baked bread with soup is heaven on cold wintry nights!!
I am sure all of us have our own version of this quintessential soup.
Here is my version which keeps us warms and gives us courage to brave one more freezing night!!
10 medium sized ripe tomatoes
Salt to taste
4 teaspoon sugar (adjust as per your liking)
1 teaspoon black pepper powder (you can increase or decrease as per your liking)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon corn flour
1) Pressure cook or microwave tomatoes till they are cooked.
2) Once tomatoes cool down, peel them and make puree of them in a mixy.
3) Now strain the puree using a soup strainer.
4) In a pan heat butter, once it melts add corn flour and mix well. keep stirring.
5) Now add the strained puree to the pan and mix well. Add water to adjust consistency to your liking.
6) Add salt and pepper and let the soup boil for 5 minutes.
7) Now add sugar and let it boil for 3 more minutes.
Top it with a dollop of cream and serve with some bread or croutons...
1) To make it healthier you can replace corn flour with oat meal..
2) You can add various herbs of your liking like oregano, thyme or basil.
3) Adding grated cheddar cheese to it makes it tastier...
Also don't forget to check out the give away @ IMC
..You just have to give the name of your favorite dish and you may win a Rs. 500/- voucher from Just eat!!