Now, you already know that I love shrikhand, you also know that i love mangoes. So how can i not love mango Shrikhand?!?
I absolutely love it :) and this is how i make it. This version of Shrikhand is also very nutritious (and also fattening ;) )
Fresh Curd (Should not be sour)
Sweet Mango Pulp
Kesar (Saffron) strands soaked in warm water
Kaaju (Cashew nuts) (cut in small pieces or powder – i used powder as it removes choking hazard for Zini and i don’t like to chew nuts
Badam (Almonds) (again i used powder, you can choose to blanch/soak and cut it into small pieces)
1) Put the fresh curd in a muslin cloth and hang it for 3 hours.
2) Once you get the hung curd, take it out in a mixing bowl.
3) Cut the mango in the pieces and put the pieces in the blender to get the pulp (See that the mango should be sweet).
4) Add the mango pulp to the hung curd and beat well using a beater (i use 1/4 cup of mango pulp for 1 cup of hung curd, but you can vary amount of pulp as per your taste).
5) Add sugar to taste and mix well. (keep tasting till you get the desired result, we will need less sugar than the regular Shrikhand as Mango pulp will also add sweetness)
6) Beat it using a beater.
7) Add Ilaichi, Kesar, kaaju powder and badam powder. Mix Well.
8) Store in refrigerator at least for half an hour.
9) Before serving, mix well again.
You can garnish it with Kesar strands/ small pieces of kaaju/badam or even mango. Serve immediately after taking out of fridge.
This too is eaten with Puris, but you can also have it with hot Phulkas…